Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mod Pog Coat Rack


I was so bored with our black coat rack so I made one out of some 1x6 left over from building my garden beds, scrapbook paper floating around and Mod Pog. I really am pleased with how easy it was to throw this together. 
 After sanding and chipping away the corners to give it a more rustic look I stained the whole board.

Cut my paper to fit the space and mod poged the back side of the paper really well. Use a rolling pin or some heavy pushing to get everything down and all the air bubbles out. Then I sanded off the edges of the paper with a nail file which worked amazingly. Mod Pog over the paper illiberally and make sure that baby is stuck on there!
I used the stain again very very lightly to give the top of the paper a older look then slapped on the hard wear from the hideous black coat rack. As you can see here in the North West we need tons of layers. I really threw half on the floor for this pic so you could see better! Sheez I am so happy it'll be spring wait, it is right? Well, whenever the sun is finally out Ill be grateful. 

1 comment: