Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DIY entertainment center

Thank god for site's like ana white.com. I was able to begin making furniture. I took her plans for a rhyan console table. I tweaked it a bit to fit all of our unnecessary game consoles and made the length much longer to fill up all the wall space we have.


  I must say this project only cost 80 dollars in materials.
 
I rusted out the hardware with a solution of vinegar salt and hydrogen peroxide.  Let it sit a day and dry.

I have an obsession with old spanish colonial furniture so to replicate the aged wood I distressed the whole piece with a metal chain, hammer and gouged the surface with a cheap set of wood carving tools from Michael's. The color of the stain is Dark walnut with one coat.

3 comments:

  1. Any chance you have your cut list for your version shown here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Shannon. So sorry about the delay. I don't have the cut list on hand but I did use the same proportions as the cut list on this website http://ana-white.com/2011/12/plans/rhyan-console-table. I altered the length only to fit my wall area. I also disregarded the center drawers in the original plans. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete